Marco Reus plays attacking midfield for the German national football team and the German club ‘Borussia Dortmund’. He became passionate about football when he was 4 years old. When he was young, his parents recognized his talent and encouraged him to pursue it. His parents supported him throughout and registered him with football clubs. His football career began in 1994 with the local club ‘Post SV Dortmund.’ He began his professional senior football career in 2006 with a club called ‘Rot Weiss Ahlen’ and stayed with them until 2009.
In 2009, he joined Borussia Mönchengladbach. As a member of the German league ‘Bundesliga’, he played his first match for the German under-21 team on August 11, 2009. He made his international debut with the German national team in 2011 and was named ‘Footballer of the Year’ in 2012. In the 2013–2014 season, he was named the ‘Player of the Year’ for ‘Borussia Dortmund.’ He was named the fourth-best player in Europe by ‘Bloomberg’.
Marco Reus Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Marco Reus|
|Nick Name||• Woody Woodpecker
• Rolls Reus
|Age||32 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Dortmund, West Germany|
|Date of Birth||31 May 1989|
|Nationality||German (West German)|
|Residence||Dortmund, West Germany|
|Home Town||Dortmund, West Germany|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother’s Name||Manuela Reus|
|Father’s Name||Thomas Reus|
|Sisters||• Yvonne Reus
• Melanie Reus
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Carolin Bohs (2009-2013)
• Scarlett Gartmann
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||21 December 2019|
|Marriage Place||Not Available|
|Children||1-Born in march 2019|
|School||Dortmund Youth Academy|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Professional Football Player|
|Brands Endorsed||• Puma
• Sports Total
• Hot Wheels
• EA Sports
|Career Manager||Marco is signed with SportsTotal GmbH.|
|Debut Club||• July 2012: Borussia Dortmund
• 2009: Borussia Mönchengladbach
• 2007: Rot Weiss Ahlen
|Debut International||• 2011: Germany national football team
• 2009: Germany national under-21 football team
|Current Team(s)||• Borussia Dortmund
• Germany national football team
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Borussia Dortmund)
• 11 (Germany national football team)
|Position||Attacking Midfielder (Can also play as winger and striker)|
• Long shots
• Great in taking set-pieces
• Defence (Not contributing for the team)
|Achievements||Due to his consistently good performances, Marco Reus has been awarded with several honors in his career. In 2012, he was named the ‘Footballer of the Year’ in Germany. The following year, ‘Bloomberg’ named him as one of the top four footballers in Europe.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 71 kg
in pounds- 157 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White (German)|
|Distinctive Features||• Blonde hair
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 41 (EU)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Attacking Midfielder (Can also play as winger and striker)|
|Favorite Car||Aston Martin DB9 (Grey)|
|Favorite Footballer||Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky|
|Favorite Sportsman||Tomas Rosicky|
|Favorite Movie||The Hangover Part II (2011)|
|Favorite Singer||Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Music||Hip Hop and R ‘n’ B|
|Favorite Video Game||FIFA|
|Favorite Food||Mashed potatoes, cabbage, goulash|
Marco Reus was born on May 31, 1989, in Dortmund, West Germany. He comes from a humble, British-Russian family. Thomas Reus, his father, is English but grew up in Germany. Manuela Reus, his mother, has Russian roots, but she was raised in Germany as well. Reus grew up with two older sisters, Yvonne and Melanie.
Reus spent all his free time playing football as a child. In order to foster Reus’s love for football, his parents enrolled him in a variety of football clubs in the neighborhood when he was just four years old. The youngster started his club career with Post SV Dortmund and soon earned the respect of youth coaches. His parents then registered him with ‘Borussia Dortmund’.
Marco Reus has been in two relationships so far. His first relationship was with German TV presenter Caroline Bohs in 2009. Although they broke up in 2013, they remain close friends. Scarlett Gartmann, a German model, has been dating Reus since December 2015.
Reus is a huge fan of current Arsenal player Tomáš Rosický, who played for ‘Borussia Dortmund’ for six seasons between 2001 and 2006 and was a crucial member of the ‘Dortmund’ team before moving to ‘Arsenal.’ Reus once stated that he grew up watching Tomáš Rosický’s games and often copied his style and even copied the sweatbands he wore.
Reus is known for his haircut and is a trendsetter. Long and short haircuts are among his favorites, and he spends a lot of time getting the perfect look. He owns his own fashion label, MRXI (Marco Reus, no. 11), and models for it as well. Marco Reus has also admitted that he is a tattoo lover in numerous interviews. His left arm is tattooed with “Marco – 31.05.1989” and he has several more tattoos throughout his body.
Reus once revealed he would have become a pilot if he hadn’t become a professional footballer. Reus was the FIFA 17 cover athlete.
Marco Reus Net Worth
Marco Reus has a net worth of $20 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$20 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Annual Salary||$6 Million|
|Market Value||$14.3 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Aston Martin Vanquish
• Range Rover Sport
In addition to playing for Borussia Dortmund and the German national football team as an attacking midfielder or winger, he is also known for his versatility, speed, and technique.
Marco Reus has not disclosed his contracts, salary, or bonuses, but his transfer fee from Borussia Monchengladbach to Borussia Dortmund in 2009 was $17.1 million.
The German sportswear giant Puma has been Marco Reus’s official sports equipment supplier since 2009 when he was playing for Borussia Mönchengladbach. Reus’ endorsement deals are handled by Sports Total, a Cologne-based consultancy.
Reus created his own website featuring various 3D models of himself in various avatars with the help of Kaliber5, a Hamburg-based computer, and network security company.
In February 2019, computer and console-based hardware manufacturer HyperX signed Reus to a two-year deal. As part of the deal, Reus will use HyperX’s accessories (keyboard, headphones, mouse) during his Livestream gaming sessions.
Reus was hired by Panasonic to promote its Lumix G digital camera range with a print-based campaign in 2013. The toymaker Mattel signed Reus to its Hot Wheels line of miniature cars. A special model (MR11) honoring the German superstar was also released by the company.
Throughout the years, Marco Reus has been a familiar face in EA Sports’ FIFA games. He was even voted to be the cover star of FIFA 17 that year.
- In 1994, he started playing football for the local team ‘Post SV Dortmund’ and later joined the youth ranks of ‘Borussia Dortmund’.
- In the summer of 2006, he decided to leave ‘Borussia Dortmund’ and join the under-19 team of ‘Rot Weiss Ahlen,’ which was his first professional senior football club.
- In 2009, Marco continued to be a member of Rot Weiss Ahlen. During his time with the club’s second team, which played in the ‘Westphalia’ league at the time, he played in five games and scored in his first two games. Marco made 44 appearances for this club and scored 5 goals.
- In the following year, Reus was able to break into the Ahlen first team, which played in the German third division at the time. Reus played 14 matches and scored two goals.
- Marco’s first opportunity to prove his skills came in 2008, and he did not disappoint. In the 27 games he played, he scored four goals.
- In May 2009, he signed a four-year contract with the German Bundesliga club, Borussia Mönchengladbach. With them, he played in the German Bundesliga. During his three years with them, he scored 37 goals and made 99 appearances.
- In 2012, Reus received his biggest offer when he was asked to join one of the best clubs in Germany, Borussia Dortmund. He had played for the club’s youth team before. The club signed Reus to a five-year contract for €17.1 million.
- Dortmund officially acquired Reus on July 1, 2012. His first season at ‘Borussia Dortmund’ saw him establish himself in the team and help his team reach the finals of the UEFA Champions League.
- On the 29th of September, Reus scored two goals for Dortmund against his former club ‘Borussia Mönchengladbach,’ pushing them to the top of the Bundesliga table after six games.
- It was his first appearance in the ‘Champions League’ on October 3, when he opened the scoring for ‘Dortmund’ in a 1-1 draw away from ‘Premier League’ champions ‘Manchester City.’
- Reus scored the first goal for ‘Dortmund’ in the 4–1 victory against ‘AFC Ajax’ at the ‘Amsterdam Arena’ on November 21, 2013. In 2013, Reus scored a hat-trick. Against Greece on June 22, he scored a goal in the UEFA Euro 2012 quarterfinal. It was his first appearance for Germany in the tournament.
- His remarkable performance for ‘Dortmund’ in the 2015-2016 season of the ‘Bundesliga’ saw him score 12 goals in 43 games. His goal tally by the season’s end stood at 23 goals. This season also saw one of his team’s best performances in the series.
- Marco played fewer games for the next few seasons, but his performance remained the same. As a player in the Bundesliga for the next three seasons, he played 30 matches and scored 15 goals, which is an above-average performance in a tournament as competitive as the Bundesliga.
- Marco Reus made his international debut for the German under-21 team against Turkey on August 11, 2009. With the senior team, he made his international debut in May 2010, when Germany played Malta. During his time with the German national team, he played 19 games and scored 7 goals.
Throughout his career, Marco Reus has been awarded several honors for his excellent performances. The German Footballer of the Year award was given to him in 2012. As a result, he was named one of the top four footballers in Europe by Bloomberg the following year.
Facts About Marco Reus
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco won the 2013 DFL-Supercup.
- Marco was named Footballer of the Year in Germany in 2012.
- He was a member of the UEFA Team of the Year in 2013.
- Bloomberg ranked Reus fourth on the list of the best footballers in Europe in 2013.
- At the age of five, he began training football.
- Reus’s childhood idol was the Czech republic player Tomáš Rosický.
- He played for the second team in his first year at Rot-Weiss Ahlen. The following year, he made the first team and appeared in 14 matches.
- Reus was signed by Borussia Monchengladbach on May 25, 2009.
- On August 28, 2009, he scored his first Bundesliga goal for Borussia Monchengladbach against FSV Mainz 05.
- Marco is passionate about tattoos.
- Borussia Dortmund played against Manchester City on October 3, 2012, in which he made his Champions League debut.
- Police caught Reus driving without a license in December 2014 and asked him for £500,000 or $705,000.