Lisa Nowak is a former American NASA astronaut as well as an aerospace engineer and United States Navy Captain. Nowak was an officer in the naval aviation department prior to being selected for NASA Astronaut Group 16 by NASA in 1996. She was chosen as mission specialists on robotics for the STS-121 mission of Space Shuttle Discovery. Her most famous work is for her criminal case against an U.S. Air Force Captain Colleen Shipman that led to her expulsion from NASA and the Navy.
Lisa Nowak Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Lisa Marie Caputo|
|Nick Name||Lisa Nowak|
|Age||Age: 58 (as 2022)|
|Birth Sign Duality||Passive|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Date of Birth||10 May 1963|
|Birth Sign Modality & Element||Fixed Earth|
|Home Town||Washington, D.C.|
|Mother’s Name||Jane Caputo|
|Father’s Name||Alfredo Caputo|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Richard T. Nowak (m. 1988-2007)|
|School||Luxmanor Elementary School
Tilden Middle School,
Charles W. Woodward High School
|College/University||United States Naval Academy|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering|
|Profession||American Naval Flight Officer
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeter – 163 cm
in meters 1.63 m 1.63 m
to Feet Inches – 5″4′
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms – 50 kg
in Pounds – 110 lbs
|Breast Size||30 inches|
|Hips Size||27 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||8 (US0)|
|Favourite Actor||Kevin is a spacey|
|Favourite Actress||Robin Wright|
|Favourite Game||Field Hockey|
|Controversies||Lisa Nowak was arrested with kidnapping and other charges. Then she was indicted for burglary.|
Lisa Caputo was born on 10th May 1963 in Washington, D.C., United States. She was the daughter of Jane Caputo was a biological specialist, and her dad Alfredo Caputo was a computer consultant. Lisa also had twin sisters, Marisa as well as Andrea and was raised with her living in Rockville, Maryland.
When she was just three years old, she began to become fascinated by space following her first exposure to the Apollo 11 Moon mission. Space and the National Air and Space Museum as well as Space Shuttle Space Shuttle program fascinated her as she grew older and especially the introduction of female astronauts in the year 1978.
Caputo attended the Luxmanor Elementary School as well as Tilden Middle School. and completed high school education at Charles W. Woodward High School. In her junior year at the high school Lisa told her mom that she would like to be an astronaut.
Lisa was a very involved schoolgirl. She was a member of Societe Honoraire de Francais as and Girl Scout. Nowak was a pro at field hockey and throughout her time in high school she was a track and field and was a champion in the sport. Lisa was named the Student-Athlete Of the Year. This award is given by the school that does the in both academics and sports and then graduated from high school as co-valedictorian 1981.
Lisa was accepted for admission to Brown University, a private Ivy League university in Rhode Island and it was also accepted to the United States Naval Academy in Maryland in her senior year in high school. In spite of her parents’ wishes for her to go to Brown, Caputo believed she had a better chance of becoming an astronaut in the Naval Academy.
Lisa Nowak Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$5 million|
|Income Source||Not yet known|
- The year 1985 was the time that Lisa Nowak was commissioned into the United States Navy. She was appointed an Naval Air Officer from 1987 following her completion of her Tactical Navigation course at 86 Training Squadron located at NAS Pensacola near Florida.
- Nowak was assigned for a stint at NAS Point Mugu, California’s Electronic Warfare Aggressor, in Squadron 34 where she flew the ERA-3B and EA-7L planes.
- When she was in 1993 Nowak received the Restricted Line assignment as an Aerospace Engineering Duty Officer, and then she was enrolled in the US Naval Test Pilot School in Maryland.
- After graduating at the Naval Postgraduate School, Lisa Nowak was an air systems project coordinator for the Air Combat Environment Test & Evaluation Facility.
- When she was selected for the astronaut program she was assigned into the Naval Air Systems Command, in charge of the acquisition of new aircraft operations for the navy.
- Nowak was able to earn over 1,500 flight hours on 30 different types of aircraft during her Navy time in the service. She joined in the NASA Astronaut Corps in Johnson Space Center in August of 1996.
- After having been certified as an mission specialist officer with robotics Nowak got a job on the project STS-118. On July 4, 2006, her schedule was altered and she was then sent into space.
- She was the shuttle’s robotic arm and served as an engineer on the mission flight project for four spacewalks. She logged over 13 days in space.
- Lisa Nowak received the NASA Space Flight Medal on 5th June 2007. Following the investigation into Florida in connection with armed robbery she was given an unpaid vacation of 30 days by NASA beginning on the 6th of February, 2007.
- Her flight was from Houston, Texas, and was immediately transported to the Johnson Space Center for psychological exam and a medical exam when she arrived. Her employment as an Navy officer in NASA was terminated by NASA on the 7th of March 2007.
- On the 20th of August, the title of Nowak was reduced from Captain to Commander, and her work was deemed to be less than acceptable.
- Lisa Nowak won many military distinctions, including the Navy Achievement Medal and Defense Meritious Medal for Service,
- Lisa was an ardent astronaut. She was just three years old when her father decided to decided to make the trip into space.
- Nowak flew over 30 different types of aircraft over her career.
- Lisa and her husband divorced after their marriage after 19 years.
- She had three children.
- Lisa Nowak was initially charged for attempted murder and kidnap, but was later she was found guilty of misdemeanor and burglary.
- How old is Lisa Nowak?
- 58 years.
- How was the length of time Lisa Nowak in jail?
- Lisa was in prison during two weeks.
- What did Lisa Nowak’s husband do?
- The couple split after 19 year marriage.
- Have you seen Lisa Nowak retire?
- Yes she did, she retired in the year 2011.
- What happened to Lisa Nowak?
- Lisa Nowak tried to attack her former lover and was arrested on serious criminal charges, which resulted in her demise.